Trinity Episcopal Church at Waterloo was consecrated on March 25, 1857 as a chapel of ease for Christ Episcopal Church, Guilford, a church in Queen Caroline Parish (now Columbia Maryland). Until its founding, there was no Episcopal Church between Christ Church and Grace Episcopal Church in Elkridge. Back in 1857, Episcopalians who lived in the Waterloo Community traveled two hours each way to attend services.
In his address to the Diocesan convention on May 27, 1857, the Right Reverend William Rollinson Whittingham, Bishop of Maryland attributed Trinity’s existence to the Birckhead family, particularly Mrs. Adaminna Faber Birckhead, an immigrant from Scandinavia. Mrs. Birckhead secured the land from her husband Dr. Lennox Birckhead and Mr. William G. Ridgeley, solicited the funds necessary to build the historic church and oversaw its construction.
The following Episcopal priests have faithfully served Trinity since 1857.
The Rev. Theodore C. Gambrill 1866-1871
The Rev. William F. Gardner 1872-1907
The Rev. B. Duvall Chambers 1908-1912
The Rev. Charles F. Stout 1913-1915
The Rev. Theodore S. Will 1916-1918
The Rev. Charles Houghton Fosbroke 1919-1938
The Rev. Stephen C. Walke 1939-1941
The Rev. Theodore Patton 1942-1944
The Rev. George Van Bibber Schriver 1945-1969
The Rev. David H. Pardoe 1970-1973
The Rev. John Francis Hird 1974-1982
The Rev. David Commack 1983-1992
The Rev. John Steiner IV 1993-2013
The Rev. Philip Wiehe (Interim) 2014
The Rev. Anne MacNabb 2015- present